What’s an item?
An item is an activity or object donated for an auction. Participants can bid on items; the highest bidder gets the item when the auction closes. At the end of the auction, the initiative, project, or cause receives the money raised from selling items donated by partners. Participants can keep an eye on their bids in real-time throughout the auction. They can also receive email or SMS notifications about their bids until the last second of the event. Bidders must stay alert; another participant could grab the coveted item!
How to solicit item donations
Before launching their digital auction, NPOs, businesses, or individuals must solicit item donations. To do so, auction managers or their teams can start by asking their family, friends, employees, coworkers, and other contacts. Once they contact their network, they can solicit retailers, businesses, and restaurant owners.
Manage and add items in 3 steps
Step 1: Organizing or participating in an auction
Organize an auction
Become a partner
Do you want to get involved, but organizing your auction is not your ideal solution? Collaborate with an NPO, business, or individual by donating an item to their ongoing auction. Contact an affiliated NPO and donate an item for their auction.
Step 2: Finding the best items to include in your online auction
Get ready to be inspired! Items available at your auction will have a crucial impact on your overall event results. Therefore, Followmybid compiled a list of the most-inspiring item ideas for your online auction that will pique your participants' interest.
Step 3: Send an item donation form
For auction managers
- Download the Followmybid item donation form. Reading this form in advance will familiarize you with the information required to list an item for sale during your auction.
- Send an email to potential partners to solicit them.
Use this email template to contact people interested in donating items.
- Download Followmybid's item donation form.
- Take a picture of your item if it is already in your possession. If the item is an activity or service, we recommend you take a picture yourself or use a royalty-free image found on an image bank such as Pixabay, Unsplash, or Pexel, to name a few. You can include up to five photos per item.
- With your message, attach a photo of yourself or your team to add to your partner’s profile. You can also send your logo.
- Fill out the form.
- Send your email to the person in charge of the auction.
It is possible to submit multiple items for the same auction. Fill out one form per item offered. You can then send your forms and photos in a single email.
Use this email template to contact the auction manager.
How to manage item donation forms?
To create partner profiles and item pages, you must:
- Access the Followmybid platform.
- Create the partner's profile using the information provided in the form·s.
- Create the item's page using the information provided in the form·s.
- Associate the partner with the item.
The main goal of an auction is to raise funds. Thus it is crucial to pique people’s interest with great items. Make your life easier and your auction planning process more prepared with the proper form to create and add new auction items.